(1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.)
Sales and Marketing Strategies for Outreach Success
Presenter: Joseph Song
, Chief Executive Officer, Associated Pathology Medical Group
From basic to complex ideas, a complete overview of strategies for lab outreach. For beginners and the experienced alike, a comprehensive discussion of today’s obstacles in sales and marketing, strategies for each specialties and common questions answered in today’s difficult landscape. Will also discuss what makes a successful sales representative and how to keep them happy.
(3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.)
Using Laboratory Analytics to Manage Over and Underutilization of Testing for Better Patient Care and Improved Financial Performance
Presenter: Thomas Joseph, President and CEO at Visiun
Managing test utilization in order to reduce unnecessary testing is one of the greatest opportunities for laboratories to improve financial performance while enhancing patient care. This session will provide an overview of the approaches health systems are using to manage both overutilization and underutilization, and how analytics can drive improved utilization practices. Surveys of physician practice patterns will be discussed along with key benchmarks and assessments of the scale of opportunities across the industry.
Purpose of Presentation:
To provide an overview of changes driving review of test utilization practices, the variety of approaches health systems have to control over and underutilization of testing, and how analytics can drive improved utilization practices.
- Consequences of unnecessary testing for patient care (Ex: Iatrogenic anemia, time spent on insignificant results, missed and delayed diagnoses, incorrect diagnoses, increased length of stays)
- Common categories of unnecessary testing (Ex: ordering an FT4 when the TSH is normal, redundant testing such as troponin and CKMB’s ordered together, and excessive frequency of repeat testing.)
- How analytics can identify key opportunities for improved utilization practices and ongoing audits of physician practice patterns (Ex: Limiting esotetric tests, posting guidelines, and minimizing bundles of tests, and test auditing)
- An analysis of industry data including variations in physician practice patterns
- The scale of opportunities (percent of test volume and reduction in expense)
(4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
How Leadership Drives Innovation – Maintaining Focus, Avoiding Distractions
Presenter: Lee Hubert, MBA, SPHR – SCP, Principal Consultant, Voltage Leadership Consulting
The laboratory industry and the people who lead it, are often faced with an overwhelming amount of data input resulting in “sensory overload.” Prioritizing operational concerns while dealing with distractions can be a daunting task especially given the pace at which the laboratory business often runs at. Please join us for a highly iterative session about practical tips and tools laboratory professionals can use to help consistently show up at their best. This session helps laboratory leaders learn how to minimize distractions, design their time and maintain focus on what is most important.
- Learn what our “best” days and ‘most challenging” days have in common
- Learn to overcome the “tyranny of the present”
- Review practical guidance for handling interruptions
- Receive tips for removing “drama” for laboratory environments
- Learn to find more time to focus on things that matter most