Track 1 – Analytics & Data
Using Image Analysis in Conjunction with Workflow to Optimize the Benefits of Digital Pathology
This session is an introduction to Image Analysis and Automated workflow for increasing speed and efficiency for the lab. When this is coupled with Digital Pathology, the benefits are compounded for time to diagnosis for the patient and an increase in ROI for the lab.
After attending the session, participants will:
- Know how image analysis can be used within the laboratory workflow.
- Gain a deeper knowledge of how automating workflow in specific key areas can increase the speed of a diagnosis for the patient.
- Be able to bring a solid, computable ROI to their lab management.
Presented By: Lisa-Jean Clifford, Gestalt Diagnostics
Track 2 – Lab Management
The Medicare Appeals Process
This session will address emerging legal issues in the Medicare audit appeal landscape and how it specifically affects Toxicology and Genetic Testing Laboratories. Audit programs, such as the Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) audit, can have detrimental effects on providers. Given the significant rise in toxicology and genetic testing as well as Medicare and other third-party audits, protecting a laboratory from these audits has never been more relevant. This session will educate attendees on the key audit risk areas and how to reduce this risk, how to respond to TPE audits, as well as how to defend a Medicare Appeal in the case of an audit. Specifically, this session will cover the defenses of waiver of liability and provider without fault, which are particularly applicable to laboratories.
After this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Identify and defend against highly targeted audit defense issues affecting laboratories, including genetic, pharmacogenomic, and toxicology testing.
- Employ strategic approaches and practical tips to consider and implement when appealing overpayment demands and claim denials through the changing Medicare appeals process. Specifically, the presentation will discuss strategic approaches to TPE audits.
- Develop compliance strategies to reduce audit risk.
Presented By: Andrew Wachler, Wachler & Associates
Track 3 – Adding Value to Your Lab
Laying the Groundwork for Sales Success
Field representation is critical in today’s lab environment in order to win the competitive battle. To be effective, one must understand the different sales methodologies that are required for success. This presentation discusses various aspects of strategy and tactics and other important points that will prepare field reps to be dominate their respective territory. It also discusses the dos and don’ts of designing an optimal sales training program.
After this session, attendees will learn:
- How to optimize sales performance
- Different sales technique
- How to design a sales training program
Presented By: Peter Francis, Clinical Laboratory Sales Training, LLC