Program subject to change. Please check back for updates.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
“Unlocking the Value in Hospital Labs”
Presenters: Jeffrey A Downs, Managing Director, Valley Street Lab Partners, LLC; Steve Stonecypher & Andrew Stimmler, Principals of Shipwright Healthcare Group; Steele Faust, Director of U.S. Sales and Service, Mayo Clinic; and Margaret McMinn, Senior Director of Valley Street Partners.
- Understand why selling your hospital lab could be an expensive mistake
- Learn why hospital labs tend to be undervalued
- Learn what you should be doing to promote the value of your lab
Join us for this deep-dive workshop and discover why selling your hospital lab could be an expensive mistake… why these labs are “overlooked and greatly under-valued” … and more importantly, what steps EVERY lab director should be taking to promote the value of their lab.
Have you ever asked yourself:
- Why would hospital management sell one of its most profitable business units for a one-time gain?
- Will patients really be better off if our hospital’s network lab is acquired?
- What can I do to help senior management understand that the lab is the key to unlocking value-based reimbursement?
- Is Lab Outreach an opportunity for increased revenues or just another headache?
Jeffrey A. Downs, and Margaret McMinn, leading lab management consultants, will present findings from their latest research on these topics. Steele Faust of Mayo Clinic will be building on their insights, offering some real-world examples of how labs are dramatically increasing value. Steve Stonecypher and Andrew Stimmler, principals at Shipwright Healthcare group, will draw on their client experience in the US commercial payer landscape and discuss some “best practices” they’re seeing in the field.
(1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
“Compliance Traps To Avoid”
Presenters: Diana Voorhees, Principal, DV & Associates; Erik Hennings, CEO, Esq., H3 Compliance Solutions; Karen Lovitch, Esq. of Mintz Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.; Ginger Appleberry Chief Compliance Officer and Associate General Counsel, Caris Life Sciences
- Recognize compliance traps in reimbursements
- Recognize compliance traps in sales and marketing
- Avoid errors that can lead to Stark Law and anti-kickback difficulties
This practical “what to do” and “how to do it” workshop will give you the step-by-step guidance you need to recognize and avoid today’s most common but costly compliance traps in two key areas of diagnostic lab operations: reimbursements, and sales and marketing. From coding and reimbursement errors that can trigger False Claim Act investigations, to sales and marketing practices that risk Stark and anti-kickback entanglements, you will get clear “how-to” help to spot and avoid common and often-overlooked compliance problems and pitfalls in your lab.